Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:How do I create a new user account?
What courses do you currently offer?
How can I learn more about the course instructor(s)?
How do I register for a course?
Which methods of payment do you accept online?
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?
How do I cancel a registration?
What do I do if I've lost my password?
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
Are scholarships available?
Can I donate to the scholarship fund?
What other information should I be aware of regarding Community Education?
You can go to our Signup page to create a new account. Note: you must have an email address to set up an account with us.
Course Listing to see the list of courses we currently offer.
Note: You can also print out a registration form here.
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in on our Course Listing page.
- Add to Enrollment Card - click the Add to Enrollment Card button on the Course Information page to start the registration process.
- Logon - log on to the system. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Add More Courses button and repeat steps 1, and 2. Otherwise, continue to step 5.
- Register for Selected Courses - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Card, click the Finish Registration button to continue the registration process.
- Registration Confirmed - the Registration Confirmation page now opens notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
The Wait page will be displayed to you while the system is waiting for credit card approval. DO NOT move away from this page (click your Back button, select another URL, etc.) until the process is completed. If you do, the approval process is aborted and you WILL NOT be enrolled in the course.
We currently accept Mastercard, Visa, and Discover.
- A refund of class and material fees will be given if the Community Education office cancels the class or the class is full.
- 7 days advance notice is required to drop a class. If a student requests to drop a class seven days before the start date of the class or has a documented medical reason, a refund of only the tuition fee will be issued; material fees are nonrefundable.
- A transaction fee of $5.00 will be charged for dropped classes.
*Please include your full name and address, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course code, title, and dates) and a day time phone number where we can contact you.
Lookup Password page.
Registration History page then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours/ceus/grades earned
- YES, tuition scholarships may be available for students in hardship situations. Eligibility guidelines are the same as those used for the Boise School District Free or Reduced Meal Program.
- Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students on a first-come, first-served basis and will be dependent upon the amount of scholarship funding available.
- A $20.00 tuition scholarship may be awarded for one class per session, per student; maximum of two per family. Recipients are required to pay the materials fee and additional tuition for their class.
- Scholarship applications are available here or at the Community Education office and must be submitted with the Class Registration Form.
- Students will be informed if they have been awarded a scholarship within two (2) business days of receipt of their application.
- Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to the Boise School District Community Education Scholarship Fund!
- It is through generous contributions that tuition scholarships are made available to other students in need.
- When registering online, select "Add More Courses" and choose "Scholarship Donation".
- Scholarship donations are not refundable. We thank you in advance!
Notice of Participation
The Boise School District is committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment. Patrons who participate in the Boise Schools District Community Education program agree to abide by Boise School District Policies, as applicable. See www.boiseschools.org for a complete review of Boise School Board policies.
Notice of Risk
Participation in a Boise School District Community Education class may be dangerous and cause injury. Participants and their invitees assume all risk of participation. The Boise School District is not responsible for any injury or damage suffered by a participant/student, or that person’s invitees, nor responsible for any medical, dental, chiropractic or hospital bill related to participation in a Community Education activity. By participating in Community Education you are expressly agreeing to assume the risk of participation, to release the District from all claims for liability, injury, or damage, and to hold the District harmless from such.
Community Education classes are authorized to take place on Boise School District property. When appropriate, the class instructor may obtain written authorization to conduct class at another location.
Class Content Disclaimer
The Boise School District Community Education volunteer instructor/presenter is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the Boise School District and the District is not responsible for the accuracy, validity, benefit nor detriment that may result from an instructor's information or presentation.
Attendance and participation in Boise School District Community Education classes are voluntary. Community Education classes may provide information about and discuss sectarian or religious doctrines. Community Education classes are not part of the District’s required curriculum. The District’s religious expression policy respects the right of each individual to follow his/her own beliefs, so long as the beliefs do not infringe upon the rights of others.
Each participant consents to the use of photographs or videotapes taken of them for future program promotional or marketing materials.